Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stuffed Mushrooms


Stuffed Mushrooms
Katrina Sandgren - Lehi, UT

A family favorite at our house, especially around the holidays, is stuffed mushrooms. It's a super easy recipe and super delicious!

Ingredients
1 lbs. package of Jimmy Dean Sage flavored sausage
8 oz. package of cream cheese (I frequently use the 1/3 less fat and can't tell the difference)
20-25 medium size mushrooms

Instructions
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Brown sausage in large sauce pan. If necessary, drain excess grease.  Add package of cream cheese to the pan and cook on medium heat until the cream cheese is melted and mixed well into the sausage. Spoon mixture into the mushrooms and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the tops are brown and mushrooms are cooked. Cooking time can vary pending on size of the mushrooms. I like my tops a little crisp so I cook them a little on the longer side.

1 comment:

  1. Took these to a New Year's Day open house. I thought I could bake them in the dish I wanted to serve them in, but there was a lot of "juice" created in the baking process, so I had to switch the serving dishes. Good to know. Also, I might put 1/2 less cream cheese. Delicious still, and a big hit at the party.
    Kay Q.

    ReplyDelete